We’ve all done it. Make new year resolutions, that is, and break them soon afterwards. I’ll probably be the same, but this year, I thought that if I told people about my resolutions, I might do better, because if I didn’t stick to them, I’d have to endure the shame, embarrassment and ridicule of you teasing me about how useless I am….
So I’m prepared to put myself on the line and share my resolutions with the world. Then I plan to post regular updates and let you know how I’m getting on. I’ll hope you will share your resolutions with me, too.
- I resolve to get to grips with WordPress so I can design a better blog page. I have tried three times in the past few years and given up. I am joining Blogging 101 (again!) which might help.
- I resolve to lose some weight… Yawn, boring. But I am turning into an unfit fat woman and I don’t like being like that.
- Writing! I like writing. I have three non-fiction books inside me, screaming to be released. I resolve to delete Bubble Witch and Candy Crush from my IPad, and spend an hour a day, just writing. Writing anything, just to get me doing something. The books I want to write are –
- Firstly, an account of my life at a girl’s boarding school in the 1970s. I’ve actually started this and have lots of notes, ideas for chapter headings etc, but I’m finding it difficult to start without a good title – any suggestions?
- Secondly, a book about us buying a boat, sailing it to Greece, and life aboard.
- And thirdly, a more personal memoir about my life, possibly something to leave to my children in the future. I’ve been to around 15 schools and lived in over 30 houses in six different countries. so that should do for a start…
Possibly to achieve number 3 in 2016 is a bit of a challenge, but I’m going to make a start – now!