To my great surprise, this blog was nominated for the “Liebster Award”
…. an award that is passed from blogger to blogger in order to help readers find new blogs to follow and for bloggers new to the community to expand their reach.
I was nominated by …
cafeludwig , a great new blog combining some wonderful photographs with interesting commentary.
The rules of the Liebster Award are these:
1. Acknowledge the blog who nominated you and display the award.
2. Answer 10 questions that the blogger gives you.
3. Give 10 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 10 blogs with under 200 followers.
5. Notify the bloggers that you have nominated them.
6. Give them 10 questions to answer.
Now, this is going to take me some time. Firstly I have to find some new blogs that I like, check out how many followers they have, and make a Pingback from my blog to theirs. Get me! I’m using bloggers lingo! Pingback! I would never have said that at the beginning of Blogging 101.
Here are my answers to their questions…
How long does it take you from the moment an idea pops up to pushing the Publish button?
Usually within half a day at the most, but often within an hour or two. Strike while the iron is hot!
How much time do you spend online in a typical week?
Ooh! confession time! Far too much. I’d probably be really shocked if I measured it accurately, so I’ll say six hours. Is this a lot?
What other passions do you have besides blogging?
I like taking photographs. I also like sewing, making small hand sewn gifts to give away.
What do you value in blogs you read?
I value the time bloggers take to make their blogs look nice, good spelling and grammar, good layout, nice photos.
How often do you carry a camera with you?
I always carry a camera of some sort. Either my SONY A58 DSLR, my Nikon compact, or as a last resort my iPad camera.
Are pictures more or less important than the story in your posts?
Well, I don’t have a pure photography blog, I’m not trying to show off my photos necessarily, but I think images definitely add to a post.
How long have you been blogging?
Since the beginning of the year when I joined Blogging 101, although I have had some previous attempts which didn’t come to much.
Do you have more than one blog?
Theoretically I also post on Sailblogs which is purely for boats, but as we are not sailing at the moment, I haven’t posted anything lately.
Have you bought any art from an individual artist online?
What means do you use to follow blogs, computer, tablet, smartphone?
My IPad. I love my IPad. It never leaves my side.
Ten random facts about myself….
1. I am left handed.
2. I was born in Malta.
3. I have lived in 44 different places and been to 16 educational establishments.
4. I don’t like yoghurt.
5. I am quite a good swimmer.
6. My favourite colour is turquoise blue.
7. I would really like to be able to play the piano.
8. I have four grandchildren, two boys and two girls.
9. My favourite car is a Mini Cooper.
10. I hate tattoos.
Here are my questions for you….
- What is your earliest memory?
- what is the furthest you have travelled?
- tell me a joke!
- can you drive, what do you drive?
- what other passions do you have beside blogging?
- do you have a phobia?
- how much time do you spend on line in a typical week?
- what was the first thing you ate thus morning?
- do you prefer the cold or the heat?
- Who would be your ideal dinner party guest?
Here are my nominees, are you on the list?
onecoolsite. This is an excellent blog for hints and tips and general help
I found the blogs that I have nominated above to be delightful, pleasant and interesting. They list regularly, and are a good read. I hope you will take a look!
I need a rest now. It takes me ages to do all the links!