My 31 day blog challenge – day 29
“Some things on my bucket list”
A couple of years ago, a well-known UK daily paper conducted a survey on 2000 people, and asked them what things they would like to achieve before they died.
Based on items from this list, and some of my own ideas, I came up with my ANTI-BUCKET LIST. These are some things I definitely do NOT want to do before I die…..
- I DO NOT want to do wing walking on an old bi-plane. Why would I want to be strapped into a harness, and tied to a plane wing, with my face in a 200mph wind?
- I DO NOT want to walk around the ruins at Machu Pichu which is the 15th century Inca site in Peru. It looks far too hilly, I’d probably twist my ankle on the stones, and I believe you have to get up at 4am to do it.
- I DO NOT want to see a performance of an opera. I don’t speak Italian, and don’t want to listen to a fat lady singing.
- I DO NOT want to go to a casino in Las Vegas. I’ll keep my money to myself, thank you.
- I DO NOT want to go whale watching. Surely it’s not 100% guaranteed that you’ll see a whale?
- I DO NOT want to get a tattoo. Yuk. I hate them. Ugly.
- I DO NOT want to hold a spider or a snake. Obvious. Why would you?
- I DO NOT want to climb a mountain. Similar reasons to No.2 – I don’t do hills.
- I DO NOT want to learn a new language. Not at my age. Sounds like too much hard work. I speak English. Luckily, it’s one of the most common languages in the world. Make everyone else learn English.
- I DO NOT want to go scuba diving. Wet suits don’t suit me, they are impossible to get on, and my ears will hurt if I go too deep underwater.
- I DO NOT want to own a designer watch, or a designer handbag. I don’t have a need to impress other people.
- I DO NOT want to backpack round Europe. I have no need to sit for hours on trains, wait in queues, sleep in the park, wear the same clothes for two weeks, or get a low paid job wiping tables to raise funds to buy a return ticket.
- I DO NOT want to ride a camel. Nasty, smelly, ugly, spitting creatures….
- I DO NOT want to sing a song or make a speech in front of a thousand people. I can’t sing. Why inflict it on others?
- I DO NOT want to sit in a sled pulled by huskies. They do this across snow, don’t they? I don’t do snow.
- I DO NOT want to swim with sharks. Sharks eat people, don’t they? Big teeth?
- I DO NOT want to milk a cow. Go to the supermarket. Buy a carton of cold milk from the chiller. Job done.
- I DO NOT want to sleep in an igloo. That’s made of ice, isn’t it? I don’t do ice or snow, I’ve already told you that.
- I DO NOT WANT to read a classic novel or the works of Shakespeare. That’s school stuff. I didn’t like it then, so why do it now?
- I DO NOT want to run a marathon. Basically I do not want to run anywhere, or any distance. I don’t run.
Why don’t you have a go at writing your anti-bucket list?